Atlas Yoga Teacher Training & School of Contemplative EducationContemplative Education is a philosophy of higher education that infuses learning with the experience of awareness, insight and compassion for oneself and others through the erudite academic practices of meditation and contemplative disciplines, such as yoga and the fine arts.
***Next Information Session
Saturday, February 8th, 2014
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org for updated application
- 200HR YTT Curriculum
- Events & Workshops
- Prospective Students
- Our Graduates
- About the Instructor
- AYTT Scholarship Application
Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Since 1997, Denise has been offering comprehensive training and development programs for aspiring and existing teachers. Our integrated and holistic training programs offer a contemplative learning environment where you have the opportunity to continue training and discover the in-depth knowledge and experience needed to stand apart from the growing body of yoga instructors internationally.
The first 200 hours of the Atlas Yoga Teacher Training program are dedicated toward Basic Certification, which provides the foundation for teaching yoga. In-class sessions are held at our downtown Galt studio in the vibrant city of Cambridge, Ontario, which provides an intimate setting in which to learn, practice and explore the art of yoga instruction. Upon completion, you will receive a 200 hour Teaching Certificate.
After you have completed the Basic Certification with Atlas Studio, you will be eligible for the Master Yoga Teacher Training program. This program requires an additional 300-hours of in-depth training and upon completion qualifies you for a 500-hour Teaching Certificate. Denise is proud to offer comprehensive Teacher Training that encourages depth of knowledge, practice and application. Many who have graduated with instructor’s certificates from our programs have gone on to teach and manage at well-respected studios across Canada and around the World.The YTT program provided the knowledge & credibility needed to enter different venues as an instructor. It broadened & deepened my focus of interest. It also equipped me with the tools to empower myself thus enabling me to empower others… Namaste –Margaret
- 200 Hour Programs
* Summer Intensives: May 12- June 15 2014
* Full Year (10month): September 2014- June 2015
* Twisted Fish, Port Dover Intensive:
Four-4day intensives. June-Aug 2014
- 500 Hour Program
Ongoing registration, please enquire
- Online Continuing Education
Continuing education credits for yoga teachers and health & wellness professionals
Inquire about our online courses designed specifically to suit your personal needs.
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training (100hours)
- Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training (200hours)
Become a Certified Thai Yoga Massage Therapist
Become a Certified Meditation Teacher
200 Atlas Yoga Teacher Training
- Techniques: including asanas, pranayamas, Kriyas, chanting and meditation
- Teaching Methodology: such as principles of demonstration, observation, assisting / correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, and the students process of learning.
- Anatomy and Physiology: includes both physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and astral / energy / subtle anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.)
- Philosophy, Ethics and Lifestyle: covering areas such as the study of yoga scriptures (Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, etc.), ethics for yoga teachers, ‘living the life of the yogi’, etc.
- Practicum: which includes student teaching as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others. Hours may be a combination of supervised and unsupervised.
- Prerequisites: Minimum six months of yoga experience with a certified yoga teacher as well as a regular personal yoga practice. Please see instructor for more details. Minimum of 5 classes with Denise Davis-Gains to determine readiness for the program.
- Application: A registration form (see pdf in Registration section below- if you have trouble with the link please email for a copy of the registration form) must be accompanied by a 300-500 word essay describing why you wish to become a yoga teacher and a 250.00 non-refundable application fee, which will be deducted from full tuition upon acceptance of application.
500hr Atlas Yoga Teacher Training
- This is an additional 300hours presented in Modules that can Include:
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Specialization
- Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training
- Meditation Specialization
- Pre/Post Natal Specialization
- ACW – Children’s Yoga Specialization
- Anatomy & Physiology – including facial trains, neurobiology and more.
- Limited number of apprenticeships available – contact for details
Online Courses: Continuing Education Credits
- Yoga Philosophy
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Metaphysics of Yoga – the Chakra System and beyond
$250 registration fee (non-refundable) due with application
Total cost of the course is $3,400* (which includes the $250 non-refundable registration fee), if paid in full 6 weeks before the start date of the program. Late application fee – 200.00.
Tuition includes an unlimited one year class pass. If you register and pay in full before your program begins you are eligible for an unlimited class pass from the time you register to one year from the date that your program begins.
*Please deduct $200 if a full-time student and attach proof with your application.
To receive information for this course (start date, day, time, location etc.) please email email@example.com
Registration: Please email for a copy the application form, Thank you.
For any questions pertaining to the program content, structure, outline, and textbooks, please contact Atlas Studio at 519.240.9642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit some of the many successful Atlas Yoga Teacher Training Graduates:
Denise Davis-Gains has been teaching yoga since 1993. She has been teaching fitness and studying meditation since 1980. After completing her first certification with Susie Dias in Toronto, Denise actively sought to find time with senior teachers of this ancient tradition. She holds two university degrees and continues to pursue higher education in religion and culture, yoga, Ayurveda and more. Denise completed a course in Sanskrit with Jonathan Geen at McMaster University. She is trained in the Kripalu method of yoga, a very introspective style that incorporates vinyasa flow and postural analysis. She has been fortunate to be able to study with great yoga masters in the Ashtanga, Iyengar, Sivananda, Kundalini, Himalayan and other styles and schools and brings this variety of experience and style to this program. Denise has been training yoga teachers since 1997. Denise is a part-time faculty member, with seniority in teaching Intro to Yoga and Group Exercise in the Kinesiology department of Wilfrid Laurier University and a Instructor at Conestoga College where she teaches physical education in the Health Sciences Department and a course on Evil & Humanity in the Liberal Arts Department. She continues to be a facilitator and Production & Staff manager in the Inner Quest Intensive, at the Kripalu Institute, Massachusetts (the Inner Quest Intensive in considered the most intensive and healing program that is run at this institution). Most recently, at Kripalu, Denise assisted in a program in support of Parkinson’s patients and their care-givers. Denise is often requested by senior staff at Kripalu to assist in essential core-teaching programs.