Foundations in Yoga for Health Care Professionals
Add value to any healthcare practice with this Certificate of Completion from Atlas Yoga Studio, a well-regarded yoga teacher training program with over 20 years of establishment and accredited with the Canadian Yoga Alliance at the Gold level.
This training is a rigorous introduction to how yoga can be utilized by healthcare professionals on and off the mat. This program is specifically designed with health care professionals and patients in mind.
Format: 4 Online Courses and 4 Weekend Intensives
Start/End Dates: Fall 2018: September – December
Program Length: 200 Hours
Cost: $3,800.00 (scholarships available on a first come first serve basis)
- Understand yogic practices including physical postures, breathing regulation and meditative techniques from both a yogic and a western medical perspective.
- Courses specific to both physical and mental healthcare professions will prepare you to provide comprehensive assessment and therapies.
- Practical application for your practice including assessment, diagnosis, and therapeutic plans for a wide variety of conditions.
- Each of the instructors teach from academic, health science, yoga, and educational backgrounds.
- Provides participants with the 200-hour required foundations for entry level yoga teacher training.
- Hybrid online/weekend format is perfect for busy, working professionals.
- Curriculum honors current professional healthcare knowledge while adding evidence-informed and outcomes-focused practice.
- Expand your knowledge of how yoga may be utilized for your own self-care and to enhance outcomes for patients.
This program may fulfill continuing education requirements for many healthcare professions and states/territories/provinces. Registrants are responsible for contacting licensing bodies for respective health professions to confirm approval.
For more information contact us at email@example.com or 519.240.9642
Each Module will have a 30 hour weekend Intensive and 20-30 hours of homework that will be in a combination of online and independent work.
Module 1 – Fri. 9/14/18 – Sun. 9/16/18
Developing a personal yoga practice – the physical, mental spiritual and emotional facets of yoga
Asana, Mudra, Pranayama, Bandha
Module 2 – 10/12/18 – Sun. 10/14/18
Biomechanical, Psychological and Neurobiological Foundations
Yoga for Special Populations
Yoga in Physical & Mental Health Care Professions
Module 3 – 11/9/18 – Sun. 11/11/18
Yoga Philosophy and Ethics
Yoga Teaching and Therapy Tools
Module 4 12/7/18 – Sun. 12/9/18
Esoteric Yoga Practices and Healthcare
Meet the Instructor
Guest Instructors TBA
Eligibility Criteria for Participants
- Practicing Healthcare professionals (including and not limited to medical doctors, physicians, assistants, nurses, naturopaths, chiropractors, physiotherapists, accupuncturists, massage therapists, ayurvedic practitioners, psychologists, occupational therapists, etc..)
- Medical Professional Students in the clinical portion of his/her degree may be admitted if there is space and