- Healing Circle – regular monthly meetings, contact us for more information.
- Planting Seeds of Wisdom – Yoga for Young Children, Saturday, February 23, 2013
- Thai Yoga Massage – Intro Session Cambridge, January 20, 2013 1-4pm
- Thai Yoga Massage Training Level 1 TBA
- Thai Yoga Massage Training Level 2 TBA
- Anatomy & Life Drawing Workshp – Cambridge
- Anatomy & Life Drawing Classes
- Anatomy & Life Drawing Classes
- Contact Yoga Cambridge Saturday, March 9, 2013 1-4pm
- Developing Your Personal Practice Saturday, January 19, 2013 8am-4pm
- Detox & Rejuvenate at Langdon Hall with Denise Davis-Gains April 22 – 28, 2013 Immersion
- Raindrop Technique workshops – watch for news
Planting Seeds of Wisdom – Yoga for Young Children
Presented by: Denise Davis-Gains
Saturday, February 23, 2013
11:30 – 2pm & 2:30-5pm
65.00 1/2 day, 90.00 full day (full day includes e-book)
1/2 day Lecture with Demonstrations
Introduction to the concept of yoga for young children & the benefits to both the children and the teachers/care-givers.
- Why yoga for young children?
- Psychological stages of development – what are the children ready to learn?
- Benefits of yoga for young children
- Mental, physical, spiritual benefits
- Teaching/sharing yoga experiences with young children
- So I am not a yoga teacher, what do I do?
- Planting the seeds of awareness
- Inner child work now
- Making a difference in the world
- Concepts in green living – inside and out
Full Day Lecture & Experiential Exercises
Includes the above outline plus …
- Experiential component
- How does it feel to be a child?
- Integration of experience through discussion and journaling
- Dyad partner exercises
- Sharing of journal entries
- Group integration
- Taking yoga into the classroom/center
- Class planning
- Community – how to take yoga out of the classroom and into the world
- Things for children to take home
E-Book: Planting Seeds of Wisdom by: Denise Davis-Gains 10.00 plus hst, total 11.30 Order by sending email: email@example.com
This workshop is geared to all levels and is a great opportunity to learn about classical yoga for teachers and students.
Talk on the 5 point of Yoga (10am to lunch time)
“In an effort to simplify and clarify the complex philosophies and teachings of Yoga, Swami Vishnu-Devananda summarized the wisdom of Yoga in five principles. These 5 points show the way to developing physical and mental health as well as spiritual growth:
5 Points of Yoga-
- Proper Breathing
- Proper Relaxation
- Proper Diet
- Positive Thinking and Meditation.
After lunch the group will be lead through a Sivananda Yoga class from 2pm-4pm.
Ajith is a certified, advanced SIVANANDA YOGA instructor, with a fun, lively spirit.
He was first introduced to yoga at the age of 12 and has spent many years at various ashrams in India. Ajith brings the essence of the ancient, classical and authentic discipline of yoga. He enjoys every hour of teaching and looks for opportunities to share the abundance of information he holds.
As Ajith has described, his workshops are experiential rather than lecture based. Come prepared to work, learn and have fun!
Cost for the workshop is $75/person. Registration is required in advance and must paid in full.
Please contact us to take part in this unique learning experience.
To register call 519-240-9642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Developing Your Personal Practice
Twisted Fish – Port Dover, Ontario(Watch for upcoming dates and times)
Cambridge – January 19, 2013 8am-4pm
This is a course for beginner and intermediate students who want to learn from the ground up how to build a strong sustainable practice. During this course we will break down fundamental postures, ensuring that correct alignment understood. The class will provide an anatomical overview of different areas of the body. The class is designed to build a foundation of knowledge that is easily integrated into an intelligent approach to yoga practice.
This course is highly recommended to anyone who has been practicing yoga and is experiencing difficulties with injuries, either from yoga or from past traumas.
Day of arrival
7pm Yoga & Meditation
Day One & Two
12pm Light Lunch
1pm Thai Yoga Massage (or other service)
2:30pm Second service or Meditation
4pm Yoga (if staying for third day)
7pm Optional Evening Program
Day of Departure
check out 2pm
Rejuvenate & Detox Retreat with Denise Davis-Gains
at Langdon Hall
Book your group Now
Retreat at a Glance
Enjoy daily yoga classes with Denise, Delicious food, spa therapies, beautiful trails and more. Thursday’s class will be a mixed-level detox class focused on helping you to land in this spacious green environment so you can enjoy it more fully. Friday and Saturday morning practice is a strong Ashtanga inspired Vinyasa flow; evening practice will be restorative with meditation – appropriate for all levels. Sunday’s class will begin with meditation and go into a strong Ashtanga class focusing on core stability and strength. You will leave grounded, energized, detoxified, and rejuvenated!
Cost: $1,600 for four days or $1,275 for three days
Price is per person & includes:
- luxury accommodations
- all meals (award winning continental breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- all class programming
- one 60 minute detox massage
- Atlas gift bags
About the Instructor
Denise’s journey towards yoga began with her studies in philosophy at Memorial University of Newfoundland. She has since acquired degrees from York University, Ryerson and Wilfrid Laurier University; she has studied sanskrit at McMaster University in Hamilton and writing at Naropa in Boulder Colorado. She has been teaching the movement arts for over 25 years. Denise brings a playful and grounded awareness into her classes while emphasizing presence and non-judgment. Her roots are in Kripalu and Ashtanga yoga, dance, fitness, creative movement and the juicy mystery of life. Denise has taught yoga to people from all walks of life ranging from palliative care patients to at risk youth, from movies stars to political figures, from mommies to cirque de soleil performers. Teaching is her gift.
Call 519.240.9642 or email email@example.com to reserve your space today!
Reserve your group or private event call or email.